For general careers inquiries, please contact our HR department on email@example.com or alternatively, please call us on +27 21 300 0060.
Apply your international commercial expertise to grow SCS into the next chapter
The Space Commercial Services’ (SCS) mission is to unlock value for emerging space programmes. The range and heritage of our satellites and payloads are testimony to the competency of our highly skilled space engineering specialists. SCS, an aerospace company with a ten-year heritage, provides advanced satellite technology and commercial satellite solutions.
SCS has now reached a stage where we need to take the business to the next stage in its growth, responding to growth opportunities in the space market, ensuring its resilience and sustainability for a long-term future.
Purpose of the role:
To partner with the Board of Directors to:
- Realise the vision,
- Perform the executive management of SCS,
- Increase the SCS brand awareness and brand equity, locally and internationally
- Integrate all major functions of the business into one aligned, harmonious, productive and engaged group,
- Ensuring the company’s success in the local and international market.
Outline of what the role entails:
- Understanding the mission, the business, the current product mix, the operating environment and the market dynamics in a short space of time.
- Create a financially resilient and sustainable business within the next 3 years.
- Setting the SCS business up to deliver client value with commercial success for both.
- Establish a deliberate and targeted business development capability.
- Setting strategy and direction, in conjunction with the Board of Directors.
- Frame and adapt the SCS organisational operating system: People, Culture, Structures to deliver client and commercial value.
- Manage, build and lead the senior executive team.
- Setting and modelling the SCS culture, values and behaviour with high levels of people and team engagement.
- Ensure SCS’s commercial success.
- Representing SCS to the public and stakeholders.
Requirements for the role
Must have skills
- A university degree – including commercial sciences.
- International commercial experience – a track record of growing a small-medium sized business into a resilient/sustainable large company. Understanding the challenges of this journey.
- At least 5 years of executive level experience including a seat on the Board of Directors.
- Establish and maintain executive level business relationships with integrity.
- Business acumen – understanding finance, business, project, contract and administration management, procedures and practices.
- Good understanding of Professional/Turnkey Services and methodologies.
- Designing and implementing organisational operating systems and functions to deliver client value.
- A background in a high technology management, production environment or product management will be advantageous.
Personal attributes and work approach required for success
- Commercially astute.
- Wise leadership.
- Implementor – make concepts and ideas a reality.
- Can partner at senior executive level.
- Build stable, aligned and highly engaged teams.
- Strategic and sensing abilities to read and adapt to the volatile aerospace market dynamics.
- Very well-developed relationship management and communication skills.
Does this sound like you?
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or a link to your LinkedIn profile before 7 Jan 2019. This will kick start our interest and eventually a comprehensive screening and selection process.